After School Program
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR KHCC's AFTER SCHOOL 2018-2019!
Join us for another fun-filled year of learning in our new home, P.S. 207!
Do you need a safe, caring environment for your child during after school hours?
Is your child looking for afternoons filled with excitement, adventure, and fun?
KHCC's After School Program serves children from Kindergarten through Fifth grade from 2:30pm - 6:30pm, Monday -Friday.
It provides engaging ways to both relax and learn after a long day at school. Children are guided to form positive relationships and foster responsibility, respect, and the ability to make good choices. Our program focuses on literacy that supports English as a core subject with daily homework periods and mentoring by older youth. We also encourage students to live healthy lifestyles by engaging them in physical fitness activities and nutrition workshops.
Program Cost: $3,250 Annual Fee
- Sibling Discount: $2,900 Annual Fee per Child
- Payment plans are available for $325/month
- $250 yearly transportation fee: for staff pick-ups from Ampark, P.S. 7, P.S. 24, P.S. 95 & P.S. 310
- We accept ACD and HRA vouchers
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Homework help
- Arts & Crafts
- Gardening & Nutrition Classes
- Computer instruction/ STEM programming
- Service-learning opportunities
- Tween and Teen Program mentors, local private schools mentorship collaboration
- Local trips and more
89% of our Literacy Buddies Participants increased their reading by 2 or more books per week.
For more information on registration for this year's After School program, call (718) 884-0700 ext. 198.
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
We are in need of dedicated volunteers for the 2018-19 school year! If you're interested in joining our team!