The mission of Kingsbridge Heights Community Center (KHCC) is to provide resources to empower Bronx residents from cradle to career to advance education and well-being for a vibrant community. We achieve this in an environment that fosters academic milestones, literacy, mental health support, nutrition, technology, and the arts.
The KHCC Associate Board seeks to positively represent KHCC, members serve as ambassadors and advocates for KHCC programs, contribute to outreach and ensure KHCC has the resources it needs through in-kind and fundraising efforts.
ASSOCIATE BOARD MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO
- Understand and support the KHCC mission, foster KHCC revenue generation, and promote mission programs
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- In person meetings will take place at least 4 times a year and there will be monthly meetings in between. Each individual will attend 8 or more meetings a year, either in person or virtually, and serve on at least one committee. Members will come prepared to each meeting.
- Conduct a minimum of one “mission moment” presentation during Board meetings
- Seek to recruit new Associate Board Members who have skills that will help KHCC, while forming a more well-rounded, diverse, inclusive and versatile board Must attend and/or volunteer at a minimum of two KHCC major events and actively encourage others’ support with a goal of 3 new guests for each member attending such fundraisers
- A one-year commitment is required with a six-month term for officers positions Associate Board members must be at least 21 years of age
RESOURCE RAISING RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- Understand Associate Board fundraising impact
- Represent and promote the visibility and increase awareness of KHCC in the community, at business events, with colleagues, and with family and friends
- Sit on one fundraising committee responsible for the planning and execution of one fundraising event which will contribute to the Board’s overall fundraising goal